Stover’s boarding house
During the lighter evenings, boarders can take advantage of the wonderful grounds for sport and recreation. Barbecues and picnics are a feature of life at Stover in the warmer months. Evening activities include sport, art, dance, craft, textiles, cookery and a DVD night.
Weekends are a time to relax after a busy week of work. We plan a programme of activities to explore the beautiful Devon countryside, as well as trips to the theatre and cinema, to the zoo, and shopping in Exeter and Plymouth. Sometimes we go further afield to explore the cultural opportunities in the South West. Weekends are also a time for boarders to continue their studies, using the library and the Sixth Form Centre.
Flexible boarding is available to all our day pupils, either regularly, for one or two nights per week, or as a one-off sleepover if parents are away.
• invest in educational excellence enabling the provision of effective, inspiring and stimulating teaching to pupils of wide ranging abilities, encouraging their enthusiasm for learning, enabling each pupil to achieve their potential;
• maintain an ongoing evaluation of the quality and content of both teaching and learning;
• provide a broad, forward looking curriculum at all levels with appropriate resources;
• maintain a supportive and happy environment where the individual and spiritual needs of pupils and staff are recognized and provided for;
• provide sound moral values through clear expectations of behaviour, emphasising respect and consideration for others;
• encourage self confidence, self motivation and self discipline within a safe and caring community;
• engage and maintain effective communication with members of the School and wider community;
• value the school’s special, natural environment and historic estate and to use them wherever appropriate in the curriculum;
• develop strong, lifelong and supportive friendships within the boarding community; and
• offer full; weekly;