Art - Photography

Art: Photography

Examination Board: AQA 

The Photography course at Stover allows students to develop skills in a range of genres, from traditional portraiture to Film, multimedia and mixed media.

Students will be using digital cameras and software to produce their images/film. Computer programmes such as Abode Photoshop can be used to enhance the creative process.  The work will take on a number of formats from high quality print to video clips, slides, short films or highly imaginative mixed media or experimental approaches.

The Photography course at Stover allows students to develop skills in a range of genres, from traditional portraiture to film, multimedia and mixed media. The course allows students flexibility to experiment with different techniques and to specialise if they so wish. Students are encouraged to build on their successes in Art GCSE and begin to work in a more conceptual manner. Gallery visits are offered to enrich experiences.
We now have a dark room for pupils to experiment with traditional techniques.

AS Level

Available on request, but most pupils will be expected to complete the full A Level.

A Level

Coursework: Personal Investigation Project (practical - supported by written material)
No time limit
96 marks
60% of A Level

Examination: Externally set assessment

Preparatory Period plus 15 hours supervised time
96 marks
40% of A Level

The written material must be a coherent and logically structured extended response of between 1000 and 3000 words of continuous prose.

A Quote from Stover

it’s a friendly atmosphere that encourages learning and we are very happy with the results

Year 13 Parent

did you know?

97%
PASS RATE at A Level
97%
PASS RATE at A Level
97%
PASS RATE at A Level
97%
PASS RATE at A Level