A Level Results

OUTSTANDING A LEVEL RESULTS AT STOVER SCHOOL

Students and teachers are celebrating after another set of excellent A Level results.

Thirty-one candidates sat papers in nineteen subjects, with 82% gaining grades A* to C. 33% of those grades were at A* or A against the national average of 26.6%. There was a rise in the number of students gaining top grades in Mathematic s and Further Mathematics, with 59% gaining either an A* or A grade.

The top performing student was Bobo Chan, from Hong Kong, who took six A Levels, gaining three A*s, an A, B and C. She will take up a place to study Civil Engineering at Imperial College, London.

Other high-achieving students were: AlexanderLui, who gained two A*s, an A and a B.TeodoraPeevska who achieved an A* and two A grades and will read International Relations at the London School of Economics.

In addition, talented singer,Harvey Seale, secured a scholarship to study Music at the Birmingham Conservatoire after gaining A Levels in Music, Drama and Religious Studies.

The Principal of Stover School, Sue Bradley, says: “I am delighted with these exceptional results and I am very proud of all our Sixth Form students. They reflect Stover’s growing reputation as an academic school, where individuals are nurtured to exceed expectations.I am particularly pleased that a number of students this year have chosen to take four or more A levels.   These results are a culmination of inspirational teaching promoting a love of learning throughout the school.Our Sixth Form is expanding, with an excellent range of subjects, but is still small enough for staff and students to get to know each other”.

MRS SUE BRADLEY

Principal

A Quote from Stover

Excellent environment to learn and can obtain help when needed particularly with University entrance

Year 13 Pupil