Year 12 and 13 - Sixth Form

Students in the Sixth Form are a close community with a culture of hard work and independent study. These two years at Stover are a perfect opportunity for students to begin the transition from school to university, college and the world of work.

The subject choices for AS and A2 studies are designed around the interest of our students and often specialist programmes are designed for individual needs. More freedom and more choice, come with the acknowledgment of personal responsibility. In the Sixth Form Centre, each student will have their own study room for a quiet place to work alone and uninterrupted, as well as places to socialise and to relax. Many Stover Sixth Formers take a leadership role in the school and, conscious that they are important role models for younger pupils, they behave with maturity and integrity.

With around 50-60 in the Sixth Form, students benefit from a close relationship with their tutors and with their subject teachers. These small groups enable teachers and students to really explore their chosen subjects to the depth required for top marks at AS and A2 examinations and our academic results certainly endorse this approach to study. We expect our students to obtain places at their first choice of university/college and the support with UCAS applications provided by our very experienced staff is part of the rhythm of Sixth Form life.

We want our Sixth Formers to thoroughly enjoy their final years at Stover, to achieve the qualifications of which they are capable and to make lasting friendships to support them in the years to come.

A Quote from Stover

I think that the key to a great Sixth Form is finding the right balance between the increased demands of A Levels, taking on school responsibilities and of course a great social life.

2010 School Leaver

did you know?

33%
A* & A at A Level